The following rules and regulations must be upheld at The Brown Building at all times.
- Residents have a responsibility to respect the rights of others and behave in a fashion that is
considerate of others.
- Residents shall help to foster a strong residential community by making reasonable efforts to discourage other residents from engaging in inappropriate or abusive conduct.
- Residents must respect the privacy of all fellow residents and all fellow residents’ rights to normal use of their units.
Safety: The safety and wellbeing of students is our primary concern!
- In the event of an emergency, a Resident shall call 911.
- If any Resident or guest of a Resident finds him/herself in a hazardous situation, immediately call 911.
- Residents are responsible for locking their doors at all times. Residents are prohibited from propping open or tampering with any doors or locks.
- Residents are expected to be knowledgeable about all fire exits in the building and to cooperate with all fire system testing and drills conducted at the Premises.
- Tampering with any smoke or carbon-monoxide detectors is strictly prohibited.
- All Residents are required to carry proper identification at all times.
- Quiet hours are times when conversations, music, and other noise must be kept to a low level and should not be heard outside the Resident’s unit. Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am on Sunday through Thursday; and from midnight to 8:00 am on Friday and Saturday.
- Smoking is prohibited on Brown Building premises.
- Door-to-door solicitation and/or canvassing is prohibited at all times.
- Sports, including any sport related activity, including without limitation, ball playing, rollerblading, water/food fighting, darts, and any activity, which could cause personal injury or property damage, is prohibited.
- Placing or suspending items out of windows is prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited. Any Resident requiring a service or assistance animal must address such requirement with the Landlord.
- All guests must be escorted through the Premises by the Resident host. While on the Premises, Residents are responsible for their guests at all times. Any guest must produce a valid picture ID upon request of Brown Building staff.
- Defacing the Premises (inside or outside) with graffiti, painting, posters, flyers, etc. is prohibited.
- Underage drinking is prohibited.
- All appliances provided by the Landlord should be used and kept in a safe and clean manner.
- Garbage should be disposed of in the designated places, and nowhere else.
Permissible/NON Permissible Items
The following are lists of prohibited and acceptable items. Please note that these are not exhaustive lists. If there are any items in question, please consult the Management Office.
- Privately owned air conditioners (all suites are fully air conditioned)
- Electric heaters (all suites are fully heated)
- Kerosene heaters
- Electric grills or skillets
- Hot plates
- Toaster ovens
- Halogen lamps (of any kind-desk, floor, table, etc.)
- Candles or incense
- Firearms, ammunition, guns, bb guns, slingshots and launching devices, or any weapons
of any kind or material
- Any items with explosive heating elements, including but not limited to hover boards
- Drugs, narcotics, harmful materials,
- Homemade lofts
- Cinder blocks
- Water beds
- Ceiling fans
Acceptable UL Approved Appliances
- Popcorn maker
- Coffee maker
- Simple toaster
- Simple food processor
- Handheld blow dryer
Study Room Rules
The following rules and expectations have been established:
- Due to the great demand for group study space, any student not utilizing the space for studying must leave the room. The study room is design for studying, not for play.
- We ask that you pick up after yourself, including disposing of trash and cleaning the whiteboard and tables. It is the responsibility of all students using the Study Room to take care of the space.
- Groups using the Study Room are required to return chairs to their original set-up at the end of their study session. Tables must remain in their original set-up to avoid damaging the furniture.
- Meal items are not allowed in the Study Room. Only small snacks and/or beverages are permitted.
- Please maintain noise to a minimum level that doesn’t disturb those in the room.
Students who fail to follow the rules or etiquette of the study room will be asked to leave the Study Room.